Always dedicated to quality of life
We have been dedicated to providing the best possible quality of life to seniors since 1941. From our original home in Ferndale in the 1940s, to our 29-bed facility in Romeo in the 50s, to today, we have earned a reputation for outstanding care in a loving environment.
The Church of Christ Care Center began in 1941 when a group of local Christians saw the need of providing a home for the elderly of their community. They purchased a house in Ferndale, Michigan for that purpose and placed it under a board of directors. In 1948 the Northwest Church of Christ in Detroit was asked to assume the oversight of this mission.
In 1950 the Care Center moved to an estate just east of Romeo. A 12-bed addition, built in 1956, increased our capacity to 29 beds. In 1960 our status changed from a “home for the aged” (residential care only) to a combination of residential care and nursing care. Finally in 1963 we became an all nursing home facility.
In July of 1971 the Northeast Church of Christ in Eastpointe was asked to take the oversight of the Care Center and immediately began plans to enlarge its capacity.
In 1975 construction began on our current 130-bed nursing facility in Clinton Township. It was completed in May of 1977 and the residents and staff from Romeo moved into their new home.Senior Housing Expanded our Mission
In March of 1982 we expanded our mission with a Senior Housing complex, a neighborhood of 52 brick garden-style apartments subsidized for low income seniors. And 2002 saw the opening of our 96-unit Assisted Living facility, blending apartment living with 3 levels of daily support services.
Our Present Campus
Our present campus in Clinton Township has allowed us to realize our dream of providing seniors with a range of services to meet changing needs, all at one location. We have grown to include a nursing facility offering rehabilitation and long term care, assisted living with multiple levels of support services, and subsidized apartments for low-income residents.